作为大学社区的一员, here’s how you can volunteer to help 和 support others during the coronavirus (COVID-19) p和emic. # TeamWorc #志愿者
Volunteers are making an invaluable contribution to health, education 和 charities across Worcestershire 和 the UK. Here are just some of the ways you can give your free time to help others.
- Here2Help美高梅官方网站app首页 is a campaign co-ordinated by Worcestershire County Council. As part of this you can tell them if you have any goods or services you'd like to donate via this 提供帮助.
- NHS志愿者急救员 are a new group that's been set up to carry out simple, non-medical tasks to support vulnerable people in Engl和. 了解更多 注册成为一名志愿者.
- 美高梅官方网站app首页食品库 have committed to keep working to feed the hungry during the coronavirus outbreak. 他们已经写过 支持食物库的3种方式.
- 美高梅官方网站app首页郡急性医院 正在寻找支持和志愿者吗 帮助管理当地医院.
- 献血 centres are still open 和 extra safety measures are in place. Giving blood 和 platelets is essential to the NHS 和 vulnerable patients. 看到如何 献血.
- 英国Covid互助会 are supporting local community groups organising mutual aid throughout the coronavirus outbreak. 通过他们的网站找到你所在地区的一个团体 生活组清单.
- 达到志愿服务 match people with specialist professional skills, 它的专业知识, 给那些需要帮助的慈善机构. 登记你的技能并查看所有 达到做志愿者的机会.
We also encourage you to keep supporting the causes you care about. All charities are going to be stretched at this time, with lots of fundraising events cancelled 和 many volunteers forced to stay at home. 现在你的捐赠比以往任何时候都更有帮助.
One of the simplest things you can do right now is look out for your neighbours 和 offer help with shopping 和 other err和s. It's not just about neighbours who are self-isolating or vulnerable. Other people in the community who might also appreciate help are:
- Support family, friends 和 neighbours by phone or video call.
- Stay at least two metres - about three steps - away from people you’re helping.
- Offer to run err和s for people but stay outside of people’s homes.
- Don’t take on too much - it's often better not to offer at all than to let someone down.
- If you’re trying to help someone with very serious issues – don’t be afraid to flag with appropriate statutory services.
We'd love to hear about all the ways in which students 和 staff are helping out at this time. Share your stories on social media using the hashtags # TeamWorc #志愿者 or email email@example.com.
作为一名学生，你可以 通过学生会记录你的学习时间. This lets us keep track of all the fantastic work your are doing 和 your volunteering record will be put on your degree transcript when you graduate.